Transitional Care RN - $10,000 Student Loan Assistance or Sign On Bonus
Req #: 107367
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Managed Care Nursing
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The professional in this position will act as a patient advocate in facilitating, coordinating and communicating the transition of patients to next level of care in accordance with applicable law, regulations and agency policies and procedures. Works in a collaborative role with MJHC and select inpatient facilities to evaluate inpatients referred for transitional planning and/or home health services. The daily functions are carried out through a combination of telephonic outreach and on-site collaborative efforts with facility discharge planners, MJHC, and in-house case management staff. managed care nurse, managed care rn, nursing, rn, nurse, care management
- Associates in Nursing; Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of acute, Medical-Surgical nursing experience. CHHA/LTHHCP experience preferred.
- Discharge Planning/Utilization Management experience preferred.
- Word and Excel
- Licensed with current Registration to practice as Registered Professional Nurse in NYS; Current CPR Certification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work within an integrated health care team.
- Ability to demonstrate effective critical thinking skills.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in interviewing and physical assessment skills.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe