Behavioral Health Social Work Care Manager - For LMSW / LCSW hires: $10,000 sign on bonus or Student Loan Assistance!
Req #: 107736
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Social Work and Mental Health Services
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
As an employee in this role, you will provide telephonic/telehealth as well as in-home or in the facility assessments of members' mental health, medical, psychosocial, functional, environmental and spiritual needs. In this role, the Behavioral Health Social Work Care Manager will evaluate member's social determinants of health and work closely with behavioral specialists and possibly Health Homes to assist members live in the community with optimal level of care. Behavioral Health Social Work Care Manager develops, implements, and monitors person centered service plan, and ensures continuity of care across all healthcare settings by collaborating with the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT), PCP, member/member's representatives/designee, and specialists. Utilizes benefit structure and community-based resources to meet member's needs. Educates members/designated representatives on disease processes, preventative health, and implements appropriate, individualized interventions to improve quality of life. Behavioral Health SW Care Manager will be knowledgeable in and adhere to CMS/DOH regulations and policies.
- Bachelor's degree social work or related field required, MSW or LMSW preferred
- Minimum three to five years clinical social experience in long term care, managed care, home care, geriatrics or hospice
- Prior experience in an interdisciplinary service delivery environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Extensive experience and expertise in behavioral health
- Experience working with individuals with substance abuse
- Current LMSW in New York State preferred
- Car and valid driver license required
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe