Staff Development Educator
Req #: 254808
Job Location(s): New York, NY
Zip Code: 10006
Category: Staff Education
Agency: MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a significant difference when dealing with a life-limiting condition. We offer a broad range of services in the community or facility-based to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end of life care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The Staff Development Educator acts as a clinical coach for all new Hospice and Palliative Care professional staff. The Educator also functions as a resource and mentor for new staff and plays a key role in their clinical orientation and training. home care, nursing, RN, homecare, nurse, home care nurse, home care RN
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing required; Master’s in Education, Nursing or related field preferred.
- Three years of progressive job related Hospice and Palliative Care experience, including field visits and coordination of care.
- CHPN Certification preferred.
- Prior experience as a preceptor/mentor preferred.
- Licensure and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Electronic Medical Record knowledge required.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe