Social Work Care Manager
Req #: 215846
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Social Work and Mental Health Services
Agency: MJHS Home Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
In this position, you will provide telephonic and as needed in-home assessments of members' medical, psychosocial, physical and spiritual needs. You will develop, implement and monitor person centered service plans, and ensure continuity of care across all healthcare settings by collaborating with interdisciplinary teams, PCP, member/member's representatives, and specialists. You will utilize benefit structures and community-based resources to meet member's needs. You will educate members on disease process, preventative health, and quality of life interventions. Social Work Care Manager's are knowledgeable in and adhere to CMS/DOH regulations and policies as well as have knowledge of UAS.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field required; MSW/LMSW, preferred.
- Current LMSW in New York State, preferred.
- Minimum three to five years clinical social experience in long term care, managed care, home care, geriatrics or hospice.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe