RN Quality Review & Staff Education Specialist
Req #: 107602
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Managed Care Nursing
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Assessment Quality Review Specialist and Staff Educator is responsible for quality assurance, accuracy and overall integrity of the UAS-NY assessment data and visit documentation completed by core team nurses as well as, business partners' nurses. This responsibility is fulfilled by performing assessment audits, identifying trends that require staff retraining, and implementing corrective action plans in collaboration with Clinical management staff. The position is also responsible for ongoing orientation, training and education of Assessment Nurses conducting UAS-NY assessments. He/She will participate in establishing educational modules for staff orientation and re-training. Position requires to travel as part of ongoing orientation, training and education, as well as to perform UAS-NY assessments on an as needed basis.
• Baccalaureate degree in nursing required
• Master's degree in nursing, education or related field preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience required
• Managed Care experience preferred
• UAS-NY experience required
• Requires a NYS Registered Nurse license and registration
• Excellent analytical skills, interpretation of data
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations
• Ability to set priorities and to handle multiple assignments
• Working knowledge of audit techniques and methodologies
• Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations
• Travels to perform business partners training and clearance visits
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe