Req #: 107675
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Information Technology
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Defines, develops, tests, analyzes, and maintains software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements for the department. Researches, designs, documents, and modifies technical specifications throughout the system development life cycle. Works with the business units, network administrators, business analysts, and application architects to resolve problems with software products, internal systems, and applications. Writes, translates, and modifies procedures/packages/scripts/views/jobs according to specifications. Designs and executes software testing strategies; analyzes results and delivers solutions for problem areas.
- College/University Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering
- Minimum 2 years programming and/or developing specifications for programmers
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, Microsoft SSRS, SSIS, Microsoft Visual Studio, Seagate Crystal Reports, Microsoft Office applications, Relational Database (SQL Server and Oracle) required
- Knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows and Outlook
- Understanding current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Experience in using reporting software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
- Knowledge of MJHS core software applications including: Market Promience, MCO, Guiding Care, HealthRules. Experience in database software and standards
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages
- Understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Some relational database and operating systems experience with SQL or Oracle
- Working knowledge of current Internet technologies.Some experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Highly self motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe