- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- Brooklyn, NY
- Zip Code:
- Office and Administrative Support
- Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The Placement & Utilization Support Coordinator is expected to provide a high quality of customer service. The position requires the coordinator to act as a liaison between the vendors and both the Care Management and Enrollment Department. Coordinators will authorize services based on medically approved plans of care and information provided within the interdepartmental communication system to newly enrolled and existing HomeFirst and MAP members. Coordinators will also process the dis-enrollment of existing HomeFirst & MAP members. The position demands excellent communication skills to help facilitate excellent customer service.
- One-year of related Customer Service Experience
- Prior experience in a health care setting preferred
- Familiarity with utilization management/case management
- Knowledge of HealthRules Payor, Word and Excel
- Type an average of 55 wpm
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work closely with different professionals as part of a interdisciplinary health care team