RN Case Manager (Pediatric)
Req #: 253983
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY / Bronx, NY / Staten Island, NY / Queens, NY / New York, NY
**This job requires travel between the locations listed above**
Zip Code: 11373
Category: Hospice Nursing
Agency: MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
Do you have a "Hospice Heart"?
If your answer is yes, then you are just the nurse we are looking for. When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Ask About Our Sign On Bonus!!!
In this field based position, you will visit MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care pediatric patients throughout the five boroughs to perform both physical and psychosocial assessments and electronically document visit occurences. Patient visits will be made in both community and facility settings. As the Pediatric Hospice Field Case Manager, you will develop and implement nursing plans of care and make recommendations for care based on patients' needs. As needed, you will contact the patient's physician to request written orders to facilitate plan of care changes. In addition, you will also supervise, train and evaluate home health aides and homemakers working with our pediatric hospice patients.
The schedule includes working one weekend per month and functioning in a backup On Call capacity 2-3 times per month. Car and escort service available for backup On Call shifts.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, (BSN preferred)
- 2 years' of Pediatric nursing experience. Community, Hospice or Oncology nursing experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- New York State RN licensure
- Valid NYS Driver's license required
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe