Nursing Supervisor Per Diem
Req #: 501334
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Management - Clinical
Agency: Menorah Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care
Status: Per Diem
Located along scenic waterfront property in Brooklyn, NY, our Centers for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care have earned a reputation for providing quality and compassionate care delivered through programs and services that support individuals needing short-stay or long term inpatient care.
Provides direct supervision to nursing staff on an assigned shift of a long term care facility to assure quality patient/resident care. Responsible for maintaining an appropriate and safe environment by performing rounds, responding to complaints/concerns from resident/patients/families and investigating and resolving problems as needed. Reports incidents to appropriate management. Initiates and ensures effective interdepartmental communication. Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the unit's medical records. Provides direct patient/resident care as needed. nursing home, nursing, RN, long term care rn, nurse, long term care nurse, subacute nurse
- Associates degree or diploma in Nursing; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Valid NYS Professional Registered Nurse License.
- Three years of nursing experience, preferably including one year in a skilled nursing facility.
- Must have at least two years experience in a leadership capacity.
- Experienced with NYS DOH and Joint Commission standards.
- Knowledge of MDS and PRI processes preferred.
- Ability to delegate appropriately.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of patients/residents, their families and designated representatives.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Must be service-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent documentation skills and computer proficiency including ability to use clinical, email and MS Office applications.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe