Nursing Supervisor Night
Req #: 501406
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Management - Clinical
Agency: Menorah Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care
Status: Regular Part-Time
Located along scenic waterfront property in Brooklyn, NY, our Centers for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care have earned a reputation for providing quality and compassionate care delivered through programs and services that support individuals needing short-stay or long term inpatient care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Provides direct supervision to nursing staff on an assigned shift of a long term care facility to assure quality patient/resident care. Responsible for maintaining an appropriate and safe environment by performing rounds, responding to complaints/concerns from resident/patients/families and investigating and resolving problems as needed. Reports incidents to appropriate management. Initiates and ensures effective interdepartmental communication. Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the unit's medical records. Provides direct patient/resident care as needed.
- Associates degree or diploma in Nursing; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Valid NYS Professional Registered Nurse License.
- Three years of nursing experience, preferably including one year in a skilled nursing facility.
- Must have at least two years experience in a leadership capacity.
- Experienced with NYS DOH and Joint Commission standards.
- Knowledge of MDS and PRI processes preferred.
- Ability to delegate appropriately.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of patients/residents, their families and designated representatives.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Must be service-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent documentation skills and computer proficiency including ability to use clinical, email and MS Office applications.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe