Nurse Practitioner, Hospice & Palliative Care - $10,000 Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Assistance!
- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- Brooklyn, NY
- Zip Code:
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Regular Full-Time
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a broad range of facility and community based services to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end-of-life care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Overall responsibility for the assessment and treatment of all medical needs of Hospice & Palliative Care
assigned patients /team. Is responsible for performing preliminary assessments and/or consults in addition to
ongoing follow-up visits of the patient's and family's emotional, social, spiritual and environmental needs and
coordinates care so that patients or family members receive needed supplies, treatments and interventions to
alleviate the physical, psychological, social and spiritual pain.
- Master's degree in nursing and graduate of an approved nurse practitioner program required
- Minimum 2 years experience in end-of-life care; Hospice and/or Palliative Care experience preferred
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to operate medical equipment
- Current NYS Registered Nurse License, ANA/ANCC Certification, ACLS/BCLS Certification
- Advanced Practice certification in Hospice & Palliative Care, or obtained within one year of hire