Req #: 700042
Job Location(s): New York, NY
Zip Code: 10006
Category: Management - Clinical
Agency: Isabella Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
Located in the heart of the community of Washington Heights in Northern Manhattan is a 705-bed rehabilitation and nursing care facility with a mission to provide quality care through diverse programs and services designed to support health and independence to individuals needing short-stay or long term inpatient care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Assists the Nurse Manager in overseeing the day to day operations of a nursing unit in a long term care facility. Reviews staffing allocation for all nursing personnel on assigned units to insure efficient quality care. Participates in the selection and mentoring of staff new to the unit. Performs rounds, identifies and resolves problems and communicates to appropriate levels of management when necessary. Provides direct nursing care to patients including physical assessment, medication administration and treatments. Delegates assignments to LPN's and CNA's on the unit. nursing home, nursing, RN, long term care RN, subacute RN
- Associates degree or diploma in Nursing; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid NYS Professional Registered Nurse License
- Long term care or geriatric experience preferred
- Must have excellent clinical nursing skills and ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of patients/residents and staff
- Ability to promote teamwork along with effective time management skills are required
- Demonstrates good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be service-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak, read and write English is required
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe