- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- New York, NY
- Zip Code:
- Office and Administrative Support
- Regular Full-Time
Located in the heart of Manhattan, Isabella Geriatric Center is seeking a program coordinator for it's Aging in Place program.
Provides intake for the Center including answering calls, determining needs, and making appointments and referrals for older adults, persons with disabilities and caregivers. Provides direct assistance with benefit applications, compiles monthly BEC data reports, is responsible for outreach in the community, and provides task supervision to volunteers when available. Provides compassionate support to clients.
- Represents the program and the organization in performing reception duties by telephone, including engaging callers and identifying their need, referring to Benefits Counselor, or making referrals to community organizations or internal programs and services as appropriate.
- Intake involves assessing clients’ presenting needs and determining next steps to assist them. Coordinates closely with the Benefits Counselor to provide initial benefits assistance. Remote work will involve preparing mail packets for clients, performing electronic benefit screenings on their behalf, providing information and application assistance, and troubleshooting applications. Will update clients on status of benefit applications by phone.
- Creates an outreach plan to community agencies in conjunction with the Director and implements the outreach.
- Prepares monthly NCOA reports and other reports as needed and requested. Documents client benefit assistance notes into an internal database. Tracks all work performed and clients assisted.
- Attends staff meetings. Performs all other related duties required for the safety and wellbeing of the Resource Center clients, or for the success of the program, and communicates regularly with team members.
Associates Degree preferred
At least one (1) year of customer service or office experience
- Certification and Licensure:
- Special Skills:
Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
Ability to translate English written document in Spanish to a client
Good writing ability
Outgoing and compassionate person with a professional manner
Ability to engage clients by phone
Detail oriented to complete data reports
Proficient in computer skills, including email, Microsoft word, and Excel.
Familiarity with government benefits