Hospice Social Worker (LMSW or LCSW)- $10,000 Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Assistance!!!
Req #: 254793
Job Location(s): Nassau County, NY / Queens, NY
**This job requires travel between the locations listed above**
Zip Code: 11572
Category: Social Work and Mental Health Services
Agency: MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
Do you have a "Hospice Heart"?
If your answer is yes, then you are just the clinician we are looking for. When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Ask about our Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Assistance!!!
Provides psychosocial support and other Social Work services to Hospice patients and their families in the inpatient, home care/nursing home settings, in pre and post bereavement phases of Hospice service. To serve as social work member of hospice IDG and as liaison between hospice staff and inpatient and nursing home staff. Develops social work plan of care, goals and makes recommendations based on patient/family needs for assigned patients who are direct admission to inpatient units or nursing home/hospice residents. To develop social work plan of care and discharge plans when appropriate for patients admitted into inpatient facility.
This position requires one weekend per month On Call.
- Bilingual Mandarin/Cantonese or Spanish preferred.
- Graduate from the an accredited School of social work.
- Minimum of one year experience in Social Work in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of Word and excel preferred.
- New York State MSW licensure.
- Valid NYS Drivers license preferred.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to input clinical data proficiently.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe