Hospice Social Worker - $15,000 Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Assistance!!!
- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
Queens, NY / Nassau County, NY
**This job requires travel between the locations listed above**
- Zip Code:
- Social Work and Mental Health Services
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Regular Full-Time
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a significant difference when dealing with a life-limiting condition. We offer a broad range of services in the community or facility-based to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end of life care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Provides psychosocial support and other Social Work services to Hospice patients and their families in the inpatient, home care/nursing home settings, in pre and post bereavement phases of Hospice service. To serve as social work member of hospice IDG and as liaison between hospice staff and inpatient and nursing home staff. Develops social work plan of care, goals and makes recommendations based on patient/family needs for assigned patients who are direct admission to inpatient units or nursing home/hospice residents. To develop social work plan of care and discharge plans when appropriate for patients admitted into inpatient facility.
- Graduate from the an accredited School of social work.
- Minimum of one year experience in Social Work in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of Word and excel preferred.
- New York State MSW licensure.
- Valid NYS Drivers license preferred.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to input clinical data proficiently.