Hospice On-Call Field Nurse (RN)- $10,000 Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Assistance!!!
Req #: 253976
Job Location(s): New York, NY
Zip Code: 10006
Category: Hospice Nursing
Agency: MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
Do you have a "Hospice Heart"?
If your answer is yes, then you are just the nurse we are looking for. When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Ask About Our Sign On Bonus!!!
The Hospice On Call Field Nurse is responsible for making on call patient visits, both scheduled and unscheduled, for urgent physical and psycho-social issues during an after hours scheduled shift, in coordination with the Call Center Triage team and On Call Manager. The On Call Nurse must be available via cell phone to respond to Triage visit requests, and communicate effectively with the On Call team, including Hospice physician to address urgent patient needs, and establish a safe plan of care. The nurse also implements patients' plan of care, educating the patient and/or primary caregiver on changes to plan of care, including medication management, patient safety, and symptom management. In addition, The Hospice On Call Field Nurse attends patient deaths as directed to provide emotional support and guidance to family. The nurse also reports off to triage and primary Hospice team concerning patient related visits, changes to plan of care, and follow up needs.
This position will involve working 12 hour overnight shifts on weekends (Friday-Sunday or Sunday-Monday).
home care, nursing, RN, homecare, nurse, hospice, home care hospice, hospice nurse, hospice rn<
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- 2 years experience in Critical Care, Emergency or Community Health nursing required (Hospice or Oncology nursing experience preferred)
- New York State RN licensure
- NYS valid drivers license preferred
- Must sit for the national board certification CHPN within one year of hire
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe