Hospice Home Health Aide
Req #: 254837
Job Location(s): Nassau County, NY / Queens, NY
**This job requires travel between the locations listed above**
Zip Code: 11373
Category: Home Health Aide
Agency: MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a broad range of facility and community based services to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end-of-life care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The Hospice Health Aide (HHA) is a personal care provider responsible for completing a variety of activities and tasks supporting the care of patients and their families. The HHA is a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team, functioning under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. The HHA demonstrates an understanding of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Successfully passed a Home Health Aide Certification program recognized by the New York State Department of Education
- Registered with the NYS DOH Home Care Registry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write English at 10th grade level
- Ability to perform math at 9th grade level
- Ability to organize the activities of multiple patients
- Basic computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe