Hospice RN Team Manager - $10,000 Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Assistance!!!
Req #: 254758
Job Location(s): New York, NY / Queens, NY
**This job requires travel between the locations listed above**
Zip Code: 10006
Category: Management - Clinical
Agency: MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
Status: Regular Full-Time
Do you have a "Hospice Heart"?
If your answer is yes, then you are just the nurse we are looking for. When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Supports the Hospice Director of Clinical Services by providing leadership and mentoring guidance to the nursing staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure the provision of Hospice and Palliative Care services are consistent with the philosophy, goals, and policies of the program and MJHS. Schedules staff assignments in conjunction with the Assoc. DPS in accordance to the (NHPCO) and MJH staffing ratios. Empowers RN Case Managers through mentoring excellence in pain and symptom management along with focusing on patient and family goals of care. Monitors and evaluates the quality and completion of nursing documentation according to the documentation policy and procedure and state and federal regulations. Makes community presentations in conjunction with Admissions/Outreach Departments.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN or BS degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of Hospice nursing experience.
- Supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- New York State RN licensure required.
- National Board Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care (CHPN) preferred or obtains certification within one year of hire.
- Word, Outlook, and Windows experience required.
- Ability to effectively supervise and mentor Hospice nursing staff.
- Ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team environment.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe