Hospice Field Admissions Nurse (RN) - $15,000 Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Assistance!!!
- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
Brooklyn, NY / Queens, NY
**This job requires travel between the locations listed above**
- Zip Code:
- Hospice Nursing
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Regular Full-Time
When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
In this field position you will perform initial physical and psychosocial assessments of potential hospice patients in order to develop individualized plans of care, goals, and make recommendations based on each patient's needs. Assessments may take place in private homes, hospitals or nursing facilities. As a Hospice Field Admission Nurse (RN), you will admit eligible patients onto the Hospice program following the appropriate standards of practice established by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO). In this key position, you will also engage in community outreach to physicians and other medical providers to share information regarding the MJHS Hospice program, and gather feedback to effectively inform performance improvement initiatives.
The Admissions RN for this position will be conducting Hospice Admissions assessments in Bronx/Manhattan or Brooklyn/Queens.
The schedule for this position will be 11am-7pm. Please note this position also rotates one weekend per month and 2-3 holidays per year.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience in either Medical-Surgical or, Community Health. Hospice or Oncology nursing preferred.
- Word and Excel.
- New York State RN licensure
- CPR-BLS and valid NYS Driver's license preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a customer service environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the position.
- Ability to coordinate the resources and personnel involved in a comprehensive interdisciplinary team environment.
- Possess teaching, communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to work non-judgmentally with patient / family members of any culture, religion, socio-economic background or lifestyle.
- Ability to input clinical data proficiently.
- A high degree of accountability.