Hospice Care Planner (RN) - $10K Sign-on Bonus OR Student Loan Assistance!
- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- New York, NY
- Zip Code:
- Hospice Nursing
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have a "Hospice Heart"?
If your answer is yes, then you are just the nurse we are looking for. When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
We're proud to continue to support the Nurses that are part of the MJHS team by offering competitive compensation. We're currently offering $91,205 - $107,205 starting salary for full-time Hospice RN positions. *Not including differential for; education, certification, language, etc*
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Ask about our sign on bonus!!!
Working on-site at a major medical center, the Hospice Care Planner is responsible for evaluating and establishing a plan of care for patients referred for Hospice services. The Hospice Care Planner will facilitate admission of referrals upon discharge from the hospital to the Hospice program that meets the needs of the patient and family members. As a key member of the business development and marketing team, the Hospice Planner develops and maintains positive relationships with physicians, social workers, case managers and discharge planners within the medical center.
Hospice Care Planners may also perform initial physical and psychosocial assessments of potential hospice patients in order to develop individualized plans of care, goals, and make recommendations based on each patient's needs, admit eligible patients onto the Hospice program following the appropriate standards of practice established by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO).
, RN, homecare, nurse, hospice, home care hospice, hospice nurse, hospice rn
- Licensed with current Registration to practice as Registered Professional Nurse in NYS is required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in home care nursing with proficiency in physical assessment and interviewing skills
- Must be client-service focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills plus the ability to work independently is essential
- Bilingual Spanish/English is required in some locations