Fundraising Database Specialist
Req #: 114785
Job Location(s): New York, NY
Zip Code: 10006
Category: Office and Administrative Support
Agency: MJHS Foundation
Status: Regular Full-Time
MJHS Foundation is dedicated to supporting MJHS and its affiliated agencies by raising and allocating the funds necessary to ensure the continuation of high-quality health care to serve the needs of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area. We are looking for a team player who pays great attention to detail, has an interest in data entry, and a willingness to learn and join the fundraising team as a Fundraising Database Specialist. This role is essential in building the foundation of our philanthropic efforts. This is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in learning or furthering their skills in the technical and research operations of a fundraising department.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The Fundraising Database Specialist will be responsible for accurately processing all gifts to the Foundation including cash, credit/debit card, pledge, online, stock, and gifts in-kind in a timely fashion and creating or updating gift and constituent records in the fundraising Raiser's Edge database. The Fundraising Database Specialist is also responsible for generating and reviewing acknowledgment letters, tribute notices and invoices, and managing the returned and do-not mail process. They are expected to handle donor inquiries and requests from current and prospective donors, MJHS business partners and staff and assist with outreach and stewardship as needed. The Fundraising Database Specialist is an essential member of the development team and will report to the Assistant Director of Development.
- College Degree preferred.
- Experience with a fundraising database system desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Enjoys working with data and spreadsheets and pays great attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Functions collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, donor oriented team, and demonstrates a willingness to support the team on all levels to get the job done.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set required priorities to maximize efficiency.
- Ability to interact will internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Display an open mind to learn new systems and technology.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe