- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- Bronx, NY
- Zip Code:
- Hospice Nursing
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Fee for Service
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a broad range of services in facilities and the community to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end-of- life care.
In this field based position, you will visit MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care patients to perform both physical and psychosocial assessments and electronically document visit occurrences. Patient visits will be made in both community and facility settings. As the Hospice Field Case Manager, you will develop and implement nursing plans of care and make recommendations for care based on patients' needs. As needed, you will contact the patient's physician to request written orders to facilitate plan of care changes. In addition, you will also supervise, train and evaluate home health aides and homemakers working with our hospice patients.
Fee for Service - Shifts based on your availability and location preference!
Shifts available Monday through Sunday: 9am - 5pm
Minimum two shifts per month and one back up On-Call.
- Associates/Diploma from an accredited school of Nursing; BSN preferred
- At least two years experience in medical-surgical, community health, and/or oncology nursing preferred
- Proficiency with Word and Excel preferred
- New York State RN licensure and valid NYS driver's license required
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Effective communication, listening and teaching skills
- Ability to input clinical data proficiently