- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- Bronx, NY
- Zip Code:
- Hospice Nursing
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Fee for Service
Do you have a "Hospice Heart"?
If your answer is yes, then you are just the nurse we are looking for. When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Reporting to the RN Team Manager, this position will triage all calls for Hospice patients and provide direct nursing care to patients when a home visit is necessary. Will develop and update the plan of care as needed requesting written orders for changes from the physician. Will document all nursing care provided into computer and will update status of patient as needed. Will communicate all changes to patients condition to primary RN case manager.
Fee for Service - Shifts based on your availability and location preference!
Shifts available Monday through Sunday: 9am - 5pm, 5pm - 1am & 1am - 9am
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in either medical/surgical, Community Health and/or Hospice/Oncology Nursing preferred.
- Knowledge of Word, Windows and Excel required.
- Good communication, listening and teaching skills required.