Req #: 107220
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Office and Administrative Support
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Provides direct support to the Social Work Manager and other members of the Social Work department and the interdisciplinary care team with respect to Medicare and Medicaid eligibility. Evaluates individual for Medicaid Eligibility, and ensures Medicaid Application is complete. Prepares and coordinates the processing of Medicaid recertification packages. Tracks member Medicaid eligibility and recertification, assigns Staff Social Workers to cases, and coordinates paper documentation in member charts and billing records. Assists current enrollees with other entitlements such as Food Stamps and Section 8. Coordinates member hospitalization and nursing home admissions and discharges. Participates in periodic training on-site and in community.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related field preferred
- 2-3 years experience working with entitlements and/or in social service agency, preferably with geriatric client population
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe