- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- New York, NY
- Zip Code:
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Regular Full-Time
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a significant difference when dealing with a life-limiting condition. We offer a broad range of services in the community or facility-based to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end of life care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
- Participates in hospice administrative tasks involving employed and contracted physicians, including support for eligibility review, physician and nurse practitioner hiring, orientation, and mentorship in complex case management
- Assures that medical care is high-quality and appropriate when delivered in homes, hospitals, long term care facilities, Residences, and In-Patient or Assisted Living Facilities
- Participates in Hospice medical on-call activities
- Serves as Hospice Medical Director designee when required
- Collaborates in activities to improve access to hospice and helps plan and participate in activities or improve quality of hospice care, optimize financial status, and enhance patient/family satisfaction.
- Assists in overseeing palliative care service activities of physicians and nurse practitioners
- Works with practice administration to ensure that the palliative care services maintained by MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care are consistently high-quality and efficient; participates in quality tracking and improvement activities
- When appropriate, may assist with practice administration of the palliative care services maintained by MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care to ensure consistent compliance with regulation
- Assists in the creation of new programs, when appropriate, to better meet the needs of the particular service area
- Graduate from an accredited Medical College
- Completion of post-graduate internship and residency required
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy with current license to practice and prescribe scheduled drugs
- >5 years of hospice experience preferred
- Able to obtain staff privileges at participating healthcare facilities
- Administrative experience, e.g., oversight of medical practice or a quality program, strongly recommended
- New York State MD licensure, CPR-BLS
- Valid N.Y.S. Driver's License preferred
- Subspecialty certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine required or obtained within one year of hire