- Req #:
- Job ID:
- Job Location(s):
- Nassau County, NY
- Zip Code:
- Social Work and Mental Health Services
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Per Diem
- $37.00 per hour
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a significant difference when dealing with a life-limiting condition. We offer a broad range of services in the community or facility-based to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end of life care.
Why work for MJHS?:
MJHS companies are qualified employers under the Federal Government’s Paid Student Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
This position utilizes creative arts therapy interventions specific to the discipline of music therapy in providing the clinical assessment and treatment of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual end-of-life issues for patients, caregivers, and bereaved persons of all ages in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan-of-care; Participates in the clinical training and supervision of creative arts therapy interns; and supports special programming, research, education & marketing efforts to promote the organization's mission and growth.
- NY-State licensed Creative Arts Therapist
- Minimum of one year experience working as a creative arts therapist in either hospice, palliative care, or acute medical settings (academic internship placement hours may be considered as a portion of this experience).
- Availability late afternoon/evening/weekends