Certified Medical Coder
Req #: 253846
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Medical Billing and Coding
Agency: Medical Associates, P.C.
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
In this position, you will: support MJHS Medical Associates, P.C. with procedural and diagnostic coding of medical records for billing. Work with professional and non-professional staff for timely record review and ensuring accuracy of medical documentation and sequencing ensuring that codes meet required legal and insurance rules. Work with internal and external billing staff to ensure timely and complete billing of claims and encounters. Collaborate and correspond with insurance companies and health care professionals to resolve claim denials. Maintains medical records both electronically and hard copies, maintains productivity and chart metrics. Collaborate with management staff for process improvement and project work. Perform compliance audits regarding billing, procedural and diagnostic coding to ensure documentation is accurate and timely. Submit statistical data for analysis and research by other departments. Handle multiple priorities.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor s degree preferred
- Coding certification (CCS-P or CPC through AHIMA/AAPC)
- At least 1 year of medical record coding and record review
- ICD-10 certified, knowledge and experience in CPT codes required. Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR) or electronic health record (EHR) required.
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) preferred
- Experience working with a managed care health organization and outpatient medical practice preferred
- Experience in internal and external audits required
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe