Certified Medical Coder
Req #: 107366
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Medical Billing and Coding
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
We are seeking an experienced professional coder to support the ICD-10 implementation and CMS - HCC Risk Adjustment program through training and education and ongoing audit activities. The professional coder will be responsible for conducting and documenting results of regularly scheduled audits of members medical records for compliance with ICD-10 coding and CMS-HCC Risk Adjustment criteria. In addition, the successful candidate will collaborate with Health Plan leadership to plan and conduct educational initiatives to improve and enhance clinical documentation and develop and implement monitoring programs, policies and procedures and reporting tools. This position interacts with Elderplan staff as well as delegated vendors and providers and is responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative and productive relationships.
- HS Grad or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Certified as a professional coder (CPC or CCS-P) plus at least 1 years of medical record coding and record review experience required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and experience working in a managed care health plan organization is preferred.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe