Business Data Analyst
Req #: 107751
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
MJHS is in search of a Business Data Analyst to support its Medical Affairs, Appeals and Grievance and Medical Management/Utilization Management Departments. As a Business Data Analyst, you will support project initiatives and special projects as directed by the Executive Director of Medical Affairs while supporting the respective departments with designated process improvement activities to improve quality, cost and or efficiency. This piosition will be responsible for the delivery of reporting and analytics services. The overall goal is to facilitate the development and enhancement of data reporting assets to help the department plan, perform, monitor and improve its work.
Support Medical Affairs:
- Prepares analysis of proposed initiatives, develops project management plans with milestones, deliverables, and timelines, develops reports and analysis of the data and recommendations and documents all recommendation for process changes and submits to management
Supports Medical Management/Utilization Management:
- Create, maintain, and analyze reports that support the organization determination and utilization review processes, reviews standard reports, trends utilization patterns, and reports data to the Medical Management leadership team, reviews Utilization Review trends for potential process improvement and staff re-training, prepares, reviews and trends all data elements for the Utilization Review Sub-committee and assists in the preparation of data trends for the Utilization Review Sub-committee
Supports Appeals and Grievance:
- Support analysis and data preparation for Appeals and Grievance's Subcommittee and Quality Improvement Committee presentations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare Informatics.
- 3 or more years of data analytics experience
- Strong analytical expertise: data visualization, data analysis, data manipulation, data extraction and reporting with Access and or SQL
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Tableau reporting tool.
- Experienced in health plan data analysis and reporting using claim and authorization data.
- Knowledge of Managed Care
- Basic understanding of Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- Demonstrated excellent Project Management skills
- Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel; Access, Sharepoint Crystal, tableau and SQL. Knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Technical experience or aptitude is essential.
- Experience in IT environment desirable.
- Ability to interact with end users and foster cooperation.
- Prioritization skills to handle multiple tasks aligning with management goals.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe