Member Services Representative
Req #: 107718
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Customer Service
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- And MORE!
This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door with Elderplan/HomeFirst, a growing, 5 Star Health Plan in Brooklyn, NY (part of the MJHS Health System). In this role you will take your exemplary customer service skills, patience, and compassion to answer inbound phone calls for our members and providers.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. You must be self-motivated, have strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and a knack for problem-solving. If you are looking for a challenging position, opportunity to work partially from home, generous benefits and paid time off, AND with the room to learn and progress within the organization, we'd like to meet you!
- Manage high volume incoming calls, and emails
- Problem solve and research solutions for the caller
- Log all calls into computer with details of the call
- Work within multiple systems with dual screen monitors
- Maintain a professional dialogue while handling difficult situations with callers
- High School Diploma
Bilingual (Russian,Spanish, and Chinese)
- Minimum 6 months call center experience
- Microsoft Word
- Excellent skills in telephone communication and a professional demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work consistently in a fast-paced environment
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe