- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
Bronx, NY / Queens, NY / New York, NY / Brooklyn, NY / Staten Island, NY
**This job requires travel between the locations listed above**
- Zip Code:
- Social Work and Mental Health Services
- MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
- Per Diem
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a significant difference when dealing with a life-limiting condition. We offer a broad range of services in the community or facility-based to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end of life care.
The Bereavement Coordinator utilizes supportive counseling services to provide the clinical assessment and treatment of grief & loss needs for patients and bereaved persons of all ages in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan-of-care; The Coordinator also participates in the clinical training and supervision of Bereavement Interns; Supports special programming, research, education and marketing efforts to promote the organization's mission and growth; and responds to the grief & loss needs of staff and the community-at-large.
- Master's degree in a counseling-related discipline.
- Two years' experience working in a health care setting as a counselor; including a minimum of 6 months experience in hospice or palliative care (academic internship placement hours may be included as a portion of this experience).
- Current state or national license/certification in specific professional discipline; grief-counseling certification through ADEC or the AAGC within the first year of employment is encouraged.
- A valid NY State driver's license is preferred.
- Word Processing, spreadsheet, and electronic medical records skills a must.