Bereavement Counselor Part-time
Req #: 254355
Job Location(s): New York, NY
Zip Code: 10006
Category: Social Work and Mental Health Services
Agency: MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care
Status: Regular Part-Time
Our groundbreaking hospice and palliative care programs offer a significant difference when dealing with a life-limiting condition. We offer a broad range of services in the community or facility-based to help patients and their families ease the burden of managing a life-limiting illness or end of life care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The Bereavement Coordinator utilizes supportive counseling services to provide the clinical assessment and treatment of grief & loss needs for patients and bereaved persons of all ages in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan-of-care; The Coordinator also participates in the clinical training and supervision of Bereavement Interns; Supports special programming, research, education and marketing efforts to promote the organization's mission and growth; and responds to the grief & loss needs of staff and the community-at-large.
- Master's degree in a counseling-related discipline.
- Two years' experience working in a health care setting as a counselor; including a minimum of 6 months experience in hospice or palliative care (academic internship placement hours may be included as a portion of this experience).
- Current state or national license/certification in specific professional discipline; grief-counseling certification through ADEC or the AAGC within the first year of employment is encouraged.
- A valid NY State driver's license is preferred.
- Word Processing, spreadsheet, and electronic medical records skills a must.
- Fluency in Russian preferred.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe