- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- Brooklyn, NY
- Zip Code:
- Regular Full-Time
Our Corporate team may not provide direct care, but we still touch people's lives in a very real and substantial way. The services we provide contribute greatly to the overall patient and member experience, supporting our reputation for excellence.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The Assistant General Counsel is an in-house attorney role in our legal department, working at the direction of the MJHS Chief Legal Officer and with the Associate General Counsel. While this position will be responsible for providing legal advice and services to MJHS and all its affiliated entities, including MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care, MJHS Home Care, Isabella Geriatric Center and Menorah Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a majority of the attorney’s activity will be directed in support of Elderplan/Homefirst.
- A degree from an accredited law school, strong academic credentials, and be licensed to practice law in New York State or eligible to seek admission to practice in New York.
- Three to five years of relevant experience practicing law in a hospital, healthcare system, health plan, or a law firm where the practice has been primarily focused on health law related issues.
- An in-depth understanding of Medicare and Medicaid managed care products, with a strong working knowledge of New York State government healthcare programs preferred.
- Experience advising health plan leadership on the requirements for plan administration.