- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- New York, NY
- Zip Code:
- Facility Nursing
- Isabella Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care
- Regular Full-Time
- $120,860.00 - $151,075.00 per year
Located in the heart of the community of Washington Heights in Northern Manhattan is a 705-bed rehabilitation and nursing care facility with a mission to provide quality care through diverse programs and services designed to support health and independence to individuals needing short-stay or long term inpatient care.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
Generous paid time off
Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
MJHS companies are qualified employers under the Federal Government’s Paid Student Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
MJHS companies are qualified employers under the Federal Government’s Paid Student Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Under the Director of Nursing, is responsible for the clinical and operational management of assigned Nursing unit(s), ensuring that standards of practice for nursing and patient care are maintained; participates in developing and implementing departmental plans and programs; supervises activities of assigned unit(s); provides data and/or prepares reports on activities, etc. as required.
BSN from accredited school of nursing preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and ability can be acquired.
Six years nursing experience, with progressive growth in a managerial role, minimum of 2 years in a skilled nursing facility.
Valid NYS Professional Registered Nurse License
Demonstrates competency in nursing practice, administration, financial management, and personnel management.
Evidence of leadership, creativity, integrity, initiative, and problem solving.
Knowledge of health care labor relations, economics and legislation.
Ability to effectively communicate and constructively deal with stress and conflict.
Evidence of the ability to plan, implement and evaluate change.
Manages Business Complexity
Focuses on Service and Quality
Creates Impact through Innovation
Leads and Manages Effectively
Demonstrates Interpersonal Effectiveness
Drives and Models Accountability
Thinks Critically and Makes Effective Decisions
Adapts and Leads Change
Participate is the selection, management, and leadership of the Management Team
- Conducts interviews, determines competency, and evaluates candidates for potential to work collaboratively with the team.
- Motivates management team to work toward shared goals
- Conducts leadership staff meetings to review patient care issues
- Communicates changes in policy and procedure and implement corrective action as necessary
- Effectively delegates responsibility to appropriate staff
Determines the needs of the department and develop appropriate plans of action.
- Reviews and analyzes clinical indicators, utilization issues and regulatory compliance and identifies areas in need of development
- Identifies interdisciplinary committee team members and formulates committees
- Develops policies, programs and tools
- Evaluates effectiveness and productivity of plans implemented
Collaborates with interdisciplinary departments to ensure facility goals are met
- Attends Interdisciplinary team members
- Communicates effectively with department heads and administration as necessary
Develops staffing plan and schedules to provide optimal resident care
- Collaborates with management team to develop appropriate staff level and mix
- Reviews staffing plan by evaluating clinical profile and census data to determine need for changes
Participates in and oversees the investigation and reporting process regarding resident care issues
- Reviews accidents and incidents reported at the facility
- Participates in determining outcomes of individual cases
- Initiates corrective action as needed
- Evaluate resident care and environmental issues and determine appropriateness of reporting to regulatory agencies
- Maintain on-going communication with administration
- Document and maintain records for all investigations
Oversee management of assigned projects
- Ensure staff is properly trained
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge of regulatory compliance guidelines and professional standards
- Reviews and analyzes QI data for trends to direct quality improvement projects
- Ensures compliance in accordance with facility policy and regulatory standards
Manages performance of direct and indirect reports. Provides orientation, coaching, training and development. Takes corrective action when necessary.
Utilizes corporate services resources such as Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Information Services, Marketing, etc., as appropriate.
Ensures appropriate staffing and resources to support department/agency services. Monitors productivity throughout the year and participates in annual budget preparation.
Interviews and participates in the selection process for qualified staff in collaboration with Human Resources and department management.