- Req #:
- Job Location(s):
- Brooklyn, NY
- Zip Code:
- Management - Non-Clinical
- Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Directs the daily operations of the Business Development unit to ensure strong, positive relationships with contracted IPAs. Works with the AVP of Contracting and Provider Partnerships along with other EP leadership and internal matrixed departments to create and execute the Elderplan Business Development strategy.
- In collaboration with AVP, identify, analyze, and set targets for and develop business opportunities. Independently pursue new business and development opportunities.
- Develop and execute on business development initiatives. Coordinate deployment of corporate and health plan resources during the business development process. Facilitate the development of proposals, new contract models and, as needed, direct network development and operations activities in expansion areas.
- Provide strategic direction to newly implemented initiatives and ongoing feedback for established programs.
- Provide ongoing management and oversight of established programs. Analyze and monitor performance of these programs. Manage and collaborate with cross functional resources to define and solve any problems or address any barriers to satisfactory performance.
- Facilitate Intra-System Business Development initiatives. Provide on-going feedback of new initiatives to Senior Management.
- Meets with IPAs in person to review performance, high cost drugs utilization, growth opportunities and participation with Stellar.
*Not a complete list of job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience directly managing corporate projects under the supervision of Senior Management preferably in the Health Care industry.
- Understanding of Medicare Advantage and Part D laws and regulations required.
- Possess critical thinking, problem solving and organizational/relationship building skills along with managerial skills and ability to teach and guide others towards success.
- Can effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks; initiate and execute assigned tasks.
- Effective communication and strong presentation skills.