Applications Quality Assurance Analyst
Req #: 107741
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Information Technology
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
This position will work directly with departmental business users and Information Services configuration, development, architect staff and application support staff. The individual must understand the various functions and assigned applications used within the organization, as well as provide knowledge and expertise to solve problems and develop solutions for and with business users. The position will also perform quality assurance testing, provide knowledge and expertise to develop and execute automated test cases for and with business users, document traceability of test cases to business requirements, document any found defects. The associate will work alongside and coordinate with other Information Services staff members and vendor personnel as required to support the strategic business plans of Elderplan and Information Services staff members, as well as IT vendor personnel as required within the documented Test Plan. The associate in this position will also be expected to act as a lead on projects and provide mentoring to entry level Business Analysts and Test Analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or other related field; however, combined experience/education/certifications may substitute for minimum education
- Minimum of (5) combined years' experience as a Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Test Analyst or equivalent role
- Three years or more of health insurance is preferred, but not required
- Displays good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of all standard desktop applications (Microsoft Suite of Tools - Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Project and MS Visio)
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Software Testing
- Knowledge of Testing Automated Tools and Methodologies
- Certified in QA Testing (i.e CSTP, ISTQB) preferred
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe