Req #: 107420
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Customer Service
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Sign-on Bonuses OR Student Loan Assistance for clinical staff
- FREE Online RN to BSN and MSN degree programs!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement for clinical staff!
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
Application Counselor is responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of HomeFirst Managed Long Term Care Plan (MLTCP), Medicare Advantage Plus Plan (MAP), Medicaid application process and eligibility. This individual processes potential HF member's application for determination of Medicaid eligibility and participation in the MLTC or MAP plan. Application Counselor completes application screenings on-site and/or in home to determine potential Medicaid program eligibility. This individual assists prospects or their caregivers in collecting and gathering required information and documents to complete the Medicaid application. Application Counselor provides efficient, timely and consumer friendly services to facilitate the Medicaid eligibility application and maintain the standards and requirements of HIPAA. Application Counselor coordinates internally with the Business Enrollment department, Sales and external parties such as HRA, LDSS and referral sources to complete and submit Medicaid applications assisting in the MLTC enrollment process. This individual has extensive knowledge of HRA and NY state systems, such as eMedNY / ePaces, and experience in utilizing these systems to confirm enrollment eligibility. Application Counselor is responsible for assisting in the oversight and maintenance of all logs & reports associated with Medicaid applications, which delineate productivity, timeframes, and quality of HomeFirst Enrollment's Medicaid processes and outcomes. This individual adheres to all HIPPA standards and confidentiality requirements and is responsible for problem solving as new duties arise and volumes fluctuate.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, Marketing or similar field.
- 2-3 years experience working with health insurance programs in areas such as facilitating enrollment, assisting with Medicaid application processing, explaining insurance benefits and helping people choose a plan that best suits their needs.
- Experience with elderly population preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Basic knowledge with MS Word, Excel, and e-mail.
- Typing skills of 40 wpm.
- Current NYS Driver's License, registration and insurance.
- Access to available automobile.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe