Req #: 107775
Job Location(s): Brooklyn, NY
Zip Code: 11220
Category: Customer Service
Status: Regular Full-Time
The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms. Even in a non-clinical role, Elderplan employees have an opportunity to make a positive impact on the quality of our health plan members' lives.
Why work for MJHS?:
When you work with us you will receive comprehensive and affordable health and financial benefits, in addition to generous paid vacation, personal and holiday time that you won't find at our competitors. Do you receive a paid day off for your birthday now? No? You will here! You will also receive the training, tuition assistance and career development you desire to help you achieve your career goals. You take care of our patients, residents and health plan members, and we will take care of the rest!
- Tuition Reimbursement for all full and part-time staff
- Generous paid time off
- Affordable medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and family members
- Two retirement plans! 403(b) AND Employer Paid Pension
- Flexible spending
- And MORE!
The A&G Coordinator will investigate and respond to written or verbal appeals and grievances submitted by members and providers in accordance with Contract Benefits and CMS and DOH regulations. Key responsibilities include determining the appropriate type of service, appeal or grievance, investigating and responding appropriately and within time guidelines, presenting cases for review and documenting all relevant information.
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years prior related experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to set priorities appropriately and meet strict deadlines and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.Subscribe